17 weeks pregnant 'n' not feelin' it...

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and I just don't feel pregnant.. Everyone who is still finding out gets SO excited and i can barely fake a smile. I haven't felt it move or any of that fun stuff... and since I'm military they only pay for ONE ultra sound so I haven't had that done yet so I guess I just don't feel pregnant because of all of that... but I'm just not as excited as I thought I'd be... Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i felt like that too sometimes especially at that point. that weird stage where i didnt really have a prego belly but wasnt a normal belly either. i just wanted a belly and was upset and bored that i didnt have one. i think its normal. once your tummy gets big i think it will get more exciting.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It will feel more real when you start feeling the kicks and rolls. I didn't really feel pregnant until then an deven after that I still had days when it was unreal to me. Then you get a good solid kick in the ribs, the baby won't let you forget :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm 20 weeks with my 2nd and just starting to feel the baby move regularly, I know I was like 20-22 weeks before I really felt my 1st. I'm only having one ultrasound too because I chose not to have the 1st since we could hear the heart beat just fine I didn't see the point in it. I'm defiantly excited for the U/S this Friday though so I can find out what I'm having!

I'm never super into being pregnant, actually that's an understatement, I hate being pregnant, but I LOVE being a mom. I wouldn't worry about not being that into being pregnant and not feeling pregnant yet, once the baby starts to move, kick the crap out of your ribs, and you start getting big you feel pregnant enough!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I know those first few weeks you're so eager to feel something, and you almost feel like a cheater if you take credit for being pregnant when you're only "barely" pregnant. But even if you don't feel it, your body is doing something TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!! Be thankful you're not feeling: bloated, morning sickness, fatigue..... I bet you'll start feeling movements within the next month, and then it will just be totally amazing, totally, completely, absolutely amazing. If you were my neighbor, I would use my doppler on you and you could listen to that teeny little heart pumping away as your baby grows around it.....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i am pretty sure every mom goes through this, especially with their first, you will feel very pregnant before you know it!! this phase passes quick, try reading baby books, or things that tell you what you and the baby are going through everyday, and if you know what gender of the baby is maybe read a few name books, libraries are great for this too so you dont have to spend a bunch of money on books you are not sure about! Good luck mamma!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 2:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• "I bet you'll start feeling movements within the next month, and then it will just be totally amazing, totally, completely, absolutely amazing."

And if you don't feel that way don't stress it lol, I sure didn't! Holding my baby was amazing... so even if you never grow to like being pregnant and it never starts feeling amazing doesn't mean you won't be an amazing mom :)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm a military wife, and I got two ultra sounds. One at 13 weeks (was supposed to be 10 weeks, but I was farther along then I thought) and one at 22 weeks to check development and the gender.
    As for not 'feeling' pregnant, it'll happen. You'll feel pregnant about the middle of the second or the beginning of the third trimester, I know what you mean, and I experienced it (through morning sickness) that I just didn't 'feel' pregnant. You'll get to that point and then at the end you'll feel 'too' pregnant.. :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Wow, only 1 ultrasound thats odd, but I have been feeling the same way i'm 22wks and people are just now noticing that i'm preg they think i'm like 2 or 3 months. They get all happy and I just look at them like this isn't what I thought it would be but the more he kicks me and lets me know he is still in there makes me feel better, I guess when i have him i will smile and be happy
    MsShoate313

Answer by MsShoate313 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010