Did/do you feel a connection/bond to your baby while you were pregnant with them?

I never did with DD and so far haven't with this one... but once I HAD DD it was instant!

Both of my pregnancies were very much planned and wanted but I hate being pregnant and definitely never felt like I bonded with the baby before delivery. Honestly she just felt like a parasite that was kicking the crap out of me, making me fat and forgetful, and making it hard for me to sleep, etc. I never doubted that things would feel different the second I held her though :)

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 2:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I fell in love with my baby before I was pregnant, had her name picked out (had his name picked out if it was a boy)... just knew that I'd love them forever... and as soon as I knew I was pregnant... I hated the whole thing (cept maybe the kicking before it started being painful). I kinda forgot the love that I had for my baby, but as soon as she came into the world, it all came back to me :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I very much had a connection with my DD while she was in my belly. I had a huge bond before she came to arms. I talked to her like I spoke with anyone else and still today. Lack of Sleep was part of being a parent and yes I had many sleepless nights. I always wanted to be a momma and I always new that I would be a good parent. My DD is my best friend along with my hubby.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i had a love hate relationship with kai. we had fun. he hated when i put my phone on my belly and it vibrated from a text. I was a single person still going through things with my at the time ex. that little ball of d00m got me through.

by d00m i mean i pretty violently threw up all the time. fat and tired...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I did with DD but with this pregnnacy not so much... Im going through a custody battle for DD AGAIn and i feel that if i wouldnt have gtten pregnant her dad wouldnt have taken her from me...
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 3:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I did with my son, there was so much stress that I spent alot of time talking to him in the womb. Now being one he's very independant, but still loves to cuddle with mommy.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I felt the same way as you! I always heard people say that they fell in love with their baby as soon as they found out they were pregnant. I don't understand that. Maybe it was because i hated being pregnant and couldn't wait for it to be over??
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I can't really say anything about my first pg,it was a rough situation but w/ds,yes. The REAL bonding happened during birth,in the delivery room. After,My family was filtering in at odd times,giving no notice(lucky,us,ds was born on my bro wedding day!).
    I was completely in love w/my ds by the time the nurse brought him to my room. Best Wishes:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I seriously fell in love with my first since I really thought that I could never have children. I'm just saying that because I was in a 5 year relationship and we never used protection and I never became pregnant. So when my Hubby and I tried I was like hope this works lol and we did right away it only took a month, same thing this time around. I am just thankful I have been able to conceive twice and have had a great pregnancy with my first and so far with this one I am good too. So yeah I feel in love with them, even more when they were born lol. Isn't it crazy you can love someone so much that you have never met!

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010