Something is in our water making us VERY ill and no one will help.

Does anyone know what else I can do. I have had samples taken and the local city dept said they had the water tested and it's fine and normal. But why then EVERY SINGLE time we drink it..we get very very ill. We have even been hospitalized for extreme dehydration. Just now my 4 year old woke up throwing up and with diahareah and I fondn out she had drank the water. I have been buying bottled water for the past 9 months or so, but it's almost impossible to buy enough water.
Does anyone know how to get my water checked by someone that would be unbiased...seems like the city might be hiding something.
(My dad is my neighbor and he too had the same problems)

Mommyof3yippey

Asked by Mommyof3yippey at 2:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• not even a joke, try to find that famous lawyer erin brakovich who become famous for the water company poisoning people, its a true story! good luck and i am so sorry to hear you guys are going through that
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 2:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yeah, I remember hearing about that...I know it seems extreem, but I might look into an attorney. I am sick of this..I lost a baby last year and wonder if that had anything to do with this...doubtful..but you never know. I hate seeing my little ones so sick...Poor Whitney's Birthday party is tomorrow and if she isn't any better I will have to postpone it...this makes me soooooo mad!
    Mommyof3yippey

Comment by Mommyof3yippey (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• when it comes to your childrens well being i dont believe anything is extreme to protect them. i am sorry to hear about your loss.
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• untiul someone helps, id turn the water off.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Thanks Ladies, I do have to use the water for cleaning and laundry...but I think we are going to put signs over the sink and we will have to start boiling the water as well..it's just a pain in the butt.
    Its our right to have safe drinking water.
    BTW, I looked up Erin Brokovitch (sp?) and she is still fighting today for other people. There was a place where I could contact her..adn I did! I hope and pray we get some good directions in what to do next!
    Mommyof3yippey

Comment by Mommyof3yippey (original poster) at 3:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We bought a "Big Berkey" water purifier last year for under $300.00.They sell them through Leman's catalog or you can problably google it and by from the company.They make a variety of sizes and they sit on top of the counter,use carbon(?) filters...either 2 or 4.You pour the water in the top portion and it goes through the filters into the bottom section which has a spout.(like the sun tea jars).The purifiers are the same ones that the Red Cross and the disaster relief organizations use during a disaster or in a third world area. The water tastes so much better...ours tasted and smelled like chlorine...if you put it in a water bottle and went to drink half an houir later it was like a swimming pool which just got treated.I like you,talked to the city and had them come take a sample ...never heard from them...yet when I contacted them I too was told there was nothing wrong. Hence the purifier!
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 3:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Thanks girl! I wonder if people can get very sick from the chlorine then? they said there is a lot of it in our water...hmmmmmmm
    Mommyof3yippey

Comment by Mommyof3yippey (original poster) at 3:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• in the meantime i would invest in a brita filter. the water at my old apartment was clear but i swear it smelled like dirt, my boyfriend smelled it too and the filter was the best investment. it's only about 20 dollars
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Talk to your doctor, see if he/she can get the water tested. A brita filter would be a good step for you, not that expensive but definately an upgrade. You can buy ones that link up to the faucet and the pitcher. Good Luck!!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• we actually have been using filters...very good ones and they arent working... Brita and pur never worked either..but thanks for the replies :)
    Mommyof3yippey

Comment by Mommyof3yippey (original poster) at 4:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010