How will i know if im having real contractions

with DD water broke but no contractions they put me on pitocin i didnt feel the contractions so they turned it all the way up by day 3 i hadn't dialetd pass 7cm and our heart rates dropped so I had a emergency c-section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• time them. For at least 1 hour they should be 4 minutes apart and lasting 1 min. each.

the "411" rule :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• oh trust me u will know, pain like no other
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• oh and btw are u doing vbac? I tried it but didnet work out for me! gl
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They'll get longer, stronger, and closer together. Also they won't go away if you drink lots of water have a shower or get some rest.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yeah, you'll know.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You may not feel pain. my prelabor was painless. It wasn't until active labor that i felt the intensity and the pain of the descent of my baby over my tailbone. I had no vaginal checks because they interfere with the process and dilation tells you nothing. Some women walk around for weeks with partial dilation and others remain undilated until active labor. My cervix did whatever it needed to do and I don't know when and this was a good thing. Sometimes labor can take several days. FYI amniotic fluid is continually placed so you can labor after leaking amniotic fluid as long as no one sticks their hands in you and introduces bacteria. The rule they have about inducing after water breaking is becuase of the vaginal examinations.

You should definitely look very deeply into natural labor and birth and what i normal especially since you may be one of those fortunate ladies for which labor is quite easy.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They will slowly get stronger and stronger and trust me you will feel them lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2010