has anyone ever been a hair model..? to save money on a hair service ?did it turn out okay.. would u do it again?

did u get any say on the color or cut?

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 3:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I went to a school once. My hair turned out fine. The student had to get everything okayed by their instructor so it wasn't a big deal. I picked my cut and color. The downfall, it takes forever....i was in there for 4 1/2 hours. I did save a lot of money, though. It only cost me $35.00:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had my hair cut at the Paul Mitchell school of beauty in Newport Beach, Ca. It was a great cut and super cheap! Plus you have the added bonus of having your hair checked by the instructors if you want. I hope this helps. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• To add:
    I did not get my hair colored there, and at Paul Mitchell, you can choose a phase one or phase two stylest. I chose phase 2 and it wasn't any longer then a normal haircut. Phase one students are constantly monitered and it is much slower.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yes, i got a free awesome red mohawk so the stylist could have the pictures for her portfolio, and yes it was what i wanted.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh yeah that's right you can choose the "phase" I must've been with a phase one student:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I've serviced hair models and yes, they got a choice on the length they were willing to go with and the available colors I'd chosen. This was for local shows. For national competitions, they had less choice. Again, however, I let my clients know what the judges were looking for and what service I needed to perform. So, they weren't totally clueless. As far as costs, school prices are dirt cheap. Also, for my competitions, I often worked for free or low cost, on the side, to get my clients hair in tip top condition. I had many, repeat and willing clients.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes, I did it twice. I told them I did not want a super short cut and then let them do whatever they were being trained to do, knowing that it would grow back soon enough.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• all the time while I was in school for cosmetology. lol. We worked a lot on each other to boast experiences, and our teacher loved to use us as demo's too (thankfully she was the one with the GOOD taste, lol).

thing is you learned real quick who to go to for certain services while in school.. A teacher typically won't assign a student who isn't ready to work on a client for a particular service. We had one girl who never got much farther than shampooing because she took FORVR to do basic hair cuts on her manikin and couldn't be trusted on a client. So don't worry about going to a school. The teachers are always there, and won't let you walk out with bad hair. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010