is it totally impossible...

to get become pregnant when i have irregular periods? Sometimez I go monthz without havin' one then, like now, im really light for a few weekz then it wont stop. I tried Birth control to help but since i want to try to have a baby i'm not happy about that and also my doctor wouldn't change the type of BC i was on. Im just lost and really confused...Im startin' to think that maybe i should give up...Thankz ladies!

Dusty1356

Asked by Dusty1356 at 4:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• nah, i have the most irregular periods imaginable. i've gone 3 months w/o one simply because my uterus decided not to shed itself for 3 months. i got pregnant. as long as you ovulate you can get pregnant. the trick is to relax and not think about it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My good friend has this same problem. The good news is she got pregnant, which we are all really excited about! It did take her about 2 years, but everyone is different. Good luck.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• you just have to keep the faith and keep on trying dont gt discouraged... sending baby dust your way!!!
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 4:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Have you leanred how to look out for the changes that occur vaginally just before and on the day you ovulate? It would mean checking yourself closely everyday but the prospect of conceiving can be very motivating! We have periods 14 days after ovulation. There is little to nil variation in that even with ladies who have periods so infrequently. Focus on noting cervical and cervical mucus changes and you'll get your baby. Best wishes!
    Mrs.Crunchy

Answer by Mrs.Crunchy at 4:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes, you can still get pregnant if you have irregular periods. I think it's just a little bit more difficult than having a regular period. Just don't give up and keep trying. It'll happen when it's supposed to happen. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Wondering what u'r age is? I am going though the same problem, blood 11 days too early, had sex 14 days before which I could of been ovulating.. It is very confusing when ovulation occurs.. But if u are not bleeding and are off b/c, u'll probably get pregnat.. It could also be a hormonal problem, too much or not enough- Wish u well!
    Shan110

Answer by Shan110 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Hi!

I know it's tough. This can help a lot. A brilliant book with great tips and all useful information.

http://tinyurl.com/325w7c5

And try to relax. When woman think about it all the time and are not relaxed it gets even harder.

Ho away with your spouse for a few days. Get rid of constant thinking.

I wish you all the best!

Rachel

Vrachel

Answer by Vrachel at 6:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010