• In the Spotlight:

when did you stop working during your pregnancy

how far along in your pregnancy were you when you stopped working?

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 4:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm a teacher so with dd1 I didn't get time off before labor as the school year was already over.Dd 2, 8 weeks before due date.It's mandatory in Greece where I live,especially in academic jobs.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 4:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I stop working the friday before, so 9 months. I didnt want to get bored at home. Not fitting for everyone however.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I worked until 41 weeks along. I worked friday and got induced Monday. I was working at a daycare, and thought the manager knew that I would stop working on my due date... apparently she didn't. When I got my induction date, I made sure to tell her that I wasn't coming into work that day :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• with my first child till the day I had her which was 4 days past my due date
    with my second child a week before my due date
    with my twins at 13 weeks, I was put on emergency bed rest
    with my current pregnancy at 28 weeks was also put on bed rest due to shortning cervix.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My job required me to stand all day (9hours), my back was so shot at 30 weeks that I had to stop working.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I worked till my third trimester. Within two weeks of delivery date.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• With my 1st I stopped working 2 weeks before my due date (gave me time to get everything ready). With my 4th I stopped working around 6 months - I was waiting tables and just couldn't keep up the pace I was used to. I wasn't working with my 2nd, 3rd, or 5th.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I stopped working the moment I found out. At the time I was working as a psych tech at a mental health facility. So I would have to wrestle down the mental patients if they started getting out of hand or violent towards someone else. I didn't want to take the chance of them punching me in my stomach or anything like that to hard the baby, so I quit because they didn't have another job for me to do. I haven't worked since 2007.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That's supposed to say *harm the baby* not hard the baby. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• With my first I didn't stop. He came early so we weren't expecting him. I went to work on day and then didn't go back for 9 weeks. With my second, he was due Dec. 25th and my last day of work was Dec. 7th. With my third her due date was Aug. 17 and my last day of work was July 17th.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010