is it mean to allow your LO which u just weaned from the breast to touch your boob??

She'll stick her hand down my shirt when shes going to sleep as a form of comfort. She'll smile and get really happy about it. Is it mean though? to get her to think about a "boobie"?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, as a matter of fact, I've actually read about just allowing your child to touch the breast as a form of night weening.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I breast feed my daughter for almost two years, I know I know....it s too long. Anyways, after I stopped breastfeeding her she would come and touch my boobs and at night sometimes she wants to rub them over my clothes for comfort, I politely remove her hands, during the day sometimes she'll come and put her hands on my boobs and start talking, or she'll be like, "hi mom" and try to sneak her hands in. I thought it was because she was on the boob for a long time. it's been almost 2 years and she still does it.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Thats not too long babyangelromero, i just stopped nursing 4 days ago and shes 17 months. :) GJ nursing so long!!

MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 5:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, not mean at all! I think you're being a terrific emotional support and strength to your daughter. You're allowing her to still get the comfort she enjoyed from a milky 'boobie'. Go you!
    Mrs.Crunchy

Answer by Mrs.Crunchy at 5:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No... would it be different if she was to play with your hair as a form of comfort ?
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 7:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010