So people say, "if you want a puppy, go to the animal shelter don't breed them theres too many!" Well, do you know how many human being children are in homes that are put up for adoption or go their entire adolscent lives and dont get adopted?

I know there is a huge difference between animals and humans but really think about it!
Weird right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• But (hopefully!) people don't have their own children over adopting, for vainity or prestige's sake. That said, I still think you make a good point.
    Mrs.Crunchy

Answer by Mrs.Crunchy at 5:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• There are lots of reasons people have biological children over adopting. It's cheaper to have your own, first of all. Then there's the red tape in US adoptions to contend with. Plus, emotionally speaking, it's the hope of a child that has your eyes or your spouse's smile...being so in love with someone that you hope to create a new life that is equal parts of both of you.

There's a huge difference between adopting a puppy from a municipal shelter and adopting a child. To compare the two decisions is like comparing apples and oranges.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree with deadheadjen, but I will also say that I can see your point.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Vanity and/or prestiege? Um, I have a Golden Retriever, I paid a ton of money for him...not for a status symbol but for the simple fact that I have 5 kids and wanted a breed of dog known for licking you to death. We adore him, he is such a baby. I never once thought about what people might think of me for getting the kind of dog I have always wanted. As for your observation..it is weird...let's face it life is full of this kind of thing. Whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, isn't it odd that you can catch a felony for mistreating an animal but it is legal to have an abortion???? Some things just make you go hmmmmmmmm
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2010