How can I make my Two year old boy stop in the bottle?

Cinse my second baby, my two year old boy go back on diaper and bottle.

ChapisDiana

Asked by ChapisDiana at 5:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's hard for him, I would allow him to keep the bottle and work on the potty training first. Show him how proud you are that he's a big boy and try to set time aside for you and him to big boy things, like play at the park or even outside. Tell him what babies can't do.. like laugh and talk and run and play.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The diaper I would't worry about. Lots of two year olds still have issues with potty training. It is normal to advance and digress at that age. Some children take longer than others to fully grasp it, and with a new baby, some digression is to be expected. The bottle, well, you shouldn't have given it back if you didn't want him to get attached.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 6:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• that same thing happen to my son when we had his little brother. i talked to his doc and she told me to not even worry about the diaper. usually boys take a longer time to potty train and sometimes they learn and then stop going. she told me to not put preasure or be fustrated trying to potty train him. she did tell me to take the bottle away. what i did was get him sippy cups from the characters he likes. cars, toy story and elmo and took all the bottles away except for the ones that belong to baby. everytime he would tell me he wanted the bottle i would give him a sippy cup and showed him the little pictures and everything. i would also let him know the bottles where for babies and would only be used for formula. i would give him the option of drinking formula ( the doc said to do that but i had to be making the babies formula infront of him so he wont think its just regular milk)
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's natural for children to regress when the new baby comes home. It's important not to feed into it and don't allow them to do this. You need to insist they are a big kid and keep him on the track of underwear and cups. If you give in then you're only making the situation worse. Take the bottles away from him and don't let him have it.

My son used to take the baby's bottle and run with it when we brought his sister home. We just had to keep telling him "That's not yours anymore, you're a big boy now." Eventually he stopped grabbing for them and kept to his sippy cup.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010