What do you think about a woman giving birth in the ocean?

Isn't that dirty? Can't it infect something? Hm, I was watching birthing videos and saw this. Just thought it was strange but hey! who am I to judge.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds strange to me!! I wouldn't do it! But to each his own!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I've heard of water births, but they are usually done in a sterilized, controlled environment. Definitely not what comes to mind when I think of the ocean.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That's...ummmm.... "different!" Water births in a tub/pool are fine if that's what you want to do, but an ocean?? Are they trying to become one with nature?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Gosh - when you think about it - that had to be really difficult. And why would you want to do that? Labor is hard enough as it is. Just thinking about sand and salt water - and giving birth - nope. Sounds like avoidable pain to me.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 6:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i think the salt water would be good...but what i actually "think" of the mother would be that she is maybe an adventure seeker and a little looney. She could easily ask for a tub with salt water.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I've never heard of that. That's really weird. It's not something I would do.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It works for sea critters . . . idk about humans though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• won't the salt water burn, like what if she splits while giving birth, not to mention the ocean isn't exactly clean
    MsShoate313

Answer by MsShoate313 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• SHARK!!! JELLYFISH!!! I wonder what that woman was thinking giving birth in the ocean....hmmm...oh wait! The baby is cooooommiiiiinnnnnng!!! I see fish TAILS, no LEGS!!!!!!!!!!
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Each person has to decide what they consider to be the best option for their child's birth. Given that beaches around where I live are closed on occasion due to high levels of e coli, my personal decision would be easy to make.
    Miss2fied

Answer by Miss2fied at 10:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010