Would You Be An Egg Donor?

ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 6:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• No as much as I would love to donate eggs I just couldnt do it
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes, although I'm too old now! LOL
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• no. i've looked into it, but it seems like it would be a pretty significant emotional and physical burden on me and would most likely impact my family as well. it's not worth the money for me.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 7:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No. While I like the idea of helping another family out with the greatest gift in life, I dont think I could do it. I would always wonder bc that is my egg, a part of me, my genetics. I would feel that it was my baby. Besides, I have trouble getting pg and need to save my eggs for me lol.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would donate eggs, but I don't think I could handle the stress of being a surrogate.  That is where I would feel like I was giving away my child.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• no there are a ton of kids out there that need Moms and DAds already.
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 7:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No. Absolutely, NO.
    My conscience wouldn't allow me to risk a child of mine being raised in an abusive, unstable or neglectful home. A woman desperately wanting to give birth to a baby she can call her own is no guarantee that she will be even a good enough mother.
    GentleMam

Answer by GentleMam at 7:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have done IVF so I can say first hand that I would not do it for money. The amount of drugs and injections you have to have is tremendous. A LOT of needles everywhere. The stress that it puts on all your major organs is very high too. The first time I did it, my ovaries swelled up to the size of grapefriuts & I could litterally not sit down. The Dr's do not know how you will respond to the drugs to release multiple eggs (28) in my case. So my ovaries were subsequently overstimulated and swelled. So personally I would not do it for the money but I commend anyone that does donate because if they are willing to go through all the work then it goes way beyond the money factor. By the way, I did have a baby boy the second round of IVF!!! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010