does anyone know how much it cost to get a wisdom tooth remove? and if you have had it done is it painful?

i have problems with my wisdom tooth i think i need to get them extracted.

YAJALEX

Asked by YAJALEX at 7:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Health

• Every state is different. and it also depends on if you need to be put to sleep to have it fdone.  I had 4 impacted ones come in at one time and had all 4 taken out at once......No it did not hurt, yes they put me to sleep for it and it was 20 years ago  so the price would be relevant to you now. Insurance usually pays for the majorty of it if your lucky enough to have dental insurance.  If it's only 2 wisdom teeth? Ide say the cost could run from 200 to 600  it could be less.....call the local dentits in your area and get prices.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• WikiAnswers - What is the average cost of having 3 wisdom teeth ...
    What is the average age that people get their wisdom teeth removed? ... How much does it cost to have your wisdom teeth pulled if you have to be put to ...
    wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_cost_of_having_3_wisdom_teeth_pulled_if_you_have_to_be_put_to_slee...
    vbruno

• Depends on your locations and dental care available.It can cost you from $145-$800 depending on if it is impacted or whatever. Good luck, I feel your pain...getting one pulled in about 1 month!
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• it cost me about $300 NZ and it wasn't painful because your numbed up. It was worth it to relieve the agony i was in before it came out.I was hungry though cause i couldn't eat for a couple of days, just soup.
    mumofonegen

Answer by mumofonegen at 3:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• it was around $90 for xray exam and pulling the tooth. pain was not bad with drugs of course
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 4:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Not too expensive and not painful!!Good luck....
    remainpositive

Answer by remainpositive at 1:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my insurance covered it but i believe the removal of impacted lower wisdom teeth was around $800.00 usd in 2003 and i had my upper wisdom teeth removed in 1999 and i have no idea how much that cost. it didn't hurt per se, but then i began taking arnica tincture and homeopathic tablets about a week to two weeks before the surgery.

i was awake with local anesthetic for the uppers and under general anesthetic for the lowers.
    shaktimama

Answer by shaktimama at 11:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2008