Crib Tents?

Have you used one? Did it work? Are there safety issues with them? My cousin's son (17 months) has figured out how to climb out of his crib and she feels that he is still to young for a toddler bed. I haven't personally dealt with this with my kids so if anyone has suggestions would love to hear them!

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 7:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have heard that they don't stay on well. if he figured out how to get out of the crib, he will probably figure out how to take the tent off, or apart, or possibly break it, and then end up hurting himself. i, personally, would not use one. can she use the monitor so she knows when he gets out, and can positively reinfocre the need to stay in bed?
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i didn't use one and i wouldn't have felt comfortable with it. my son figured out how to get out of his crib at 2 years old, but wouldn't stay on a bed all night, so we just have his mattress on the floor and an area rug next to his bed. once he's staying in his bed all night more consistently, we're planning to get him a racecar bed.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 7:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I took My kids out of there Cribs after they Climb out of them. They learned to stay in there Big beds after that ...Don't get me wrong they test us off and on for a while after being put in beds but isn't that what kids are all about anyways. Hey they made to adulthood so must not have been bad! 24b,22,g,20g,15g
    sillyme85

Answer by sillyme85 at 7:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=309775&cmSource=Search#tabs

apparently, most of the reviewers say they like this. ^^
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We loved the one we had. No trouble with keeping it on. It was very secure. My son loved it too. :) He felt extra safe in it and was very sad when his crib broke and he had to move to a toddler bed.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2010