I was induced with my first three children and I do not want to with my child that I am currently carrying. Has anyone been induced then had a child natural and what was your feeling towards each method?

FormerTeenMom

Asked by FormerTeenMom at 8:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had #2 naturally after being induced with #1. I think both of their pros and cons but I felt that going naturally was less painful as far as contractions and the recovery time was much faster. I was up walking around right after I had her.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• With my first three I had terrible contractions and my last two children's collar-bone's were broken during labor....I think the doctors had my induced with my first two under false circumstances just for their own convenience.
    FormerTeenMom

Comment by FormerTeenMom (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• . Have you been induced for medical reasons? I mean if you were only induced because you were past due then maybe tell your doctor you want to wait at least 2 weeks after your due date and wait until your baby comes on their own.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 8:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My 1st was induced because my water had broke but no contractions and I wasn't dilating after like 4 hours. So they induced me to move it along and the contractions were really painful and I needed the epidural. My 2nd child I had naturally with no drugs or nothing and it was much better, the contractions were not as horrible and it was nice to be able to move around after she was born and not be all numb. My experience personally begin induced I was in labor a lot longer than giving birth naturally.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 9:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If you want to avoid induction and know what to look for, how to protect yourself, and feel empowered to say no then you should join a natural birth group. The women are passionate but many of them have gone through previous inductiosn, c=sections, vbacs, etc and have done it drug free and intervention free. They have a wealth of knowledge.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i had my first natural, no meds. i was in labor for 40ish hours and i would take that labor over my second when i was induced. my water had broken and the contractions never regulated after 12 hours so they had to start me on the pitocin. worst thing ever lol my water broke at 1:45AM and she was born 1:52 AM the next day. so it was half the labor time of my first but ten times worse pain wise!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• if it's not for medical reasons, then just say no.
    http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/reasons-to-induce-labor.html
    that site gives you the best and worst reasons for inductions.
    if your dr tries to scare you about being "overdue", ignore him. if you are worried about being overdue, you can always get weekly NST done. i would never be induced for being 'late', and i just had a 9#14oz baby 6-2-10 naturally (no inducing, no meds). so, big babies is def not a good reason to induce either.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My first was induced, not the second.
    :-)

It's a matter of education & support mostly,
    You don't have to do anything you don't want to.
    Few inductions are truly necessary, so find out IF you truly need one.
    We can help you~~

What's going on for you?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My only serious concern (probably a little selfish but concerned for my little one as well) is that I have BIG babies. My first was 8lbs 8.6oz, 2nd was 8lbs 9.2oz, and my last was 10lbs 3.2oz....I am VERY small framed and they NEVER are anywhere near the correct weight/size of the baby when they do my ultrasounds. I was a week late with my son and was not dialated at all when they induced me but the first two where medical BS that they fed me bc I was a young/ignorant teenager.

I am seriously considering all natural but fear an 11/12lbs fatty if I am too far overdue :(
    FormerTeenMom

Comment by FormerTeenMom (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• First of all, pudgy little arms and legs don't mean a thing. Big heads (bone) and wide shoulders (bone) can cause a problem. So readjust your thinking there. Second I don't count anything under 9 lbs as a big baby. ( and 1/2 really but whatever.  Yes, your 3rd was big. but you did it. So you have proven that you can do it. Third thing. One week past your due date is NORMAL. Let it go until 2 weeks past. I've had two that were 1 week past and another who was 2 weeks early. The difference wasn't so much the bone structure, but the amount of pudge. Don't let the doctor tell you that OMG if we don't induce your baby will be too big to deliver. They don't grow exponentially. it will work itself out.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010