Signs of labor??....(repost)

How did you feel the week of or days before your labor? What signs or symptoms did you have right befote labor? I also heard not everyone will see their mucous plug, i didnt with my son, but i was induced. Anyways, any help on how you felt and stuff like that right before labor would be greatly appreciated.

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had been having painless braxton hix for quite a while (weeks) and I wouldn't have known unless I asked my midwife. My stomach would get hard then relax. I hardly noticed. The weekend before I went into labor I felt "odd" like my period was coming (my cervix was likely doing its thing and I could sort of feel it). The night It started I ate a homemade pizza and got diarhea. I thought it was what I ate, but that was my contractions acting on my bowels. It felt no worse than regular intestinal cramps and was better when I was empty. I had no pain otherwise. I didn't think I was in labor until they were right on top of each other, intense, and I could feel the pain of my baby nearing my tailbone (that is the only thing that hurt). I had a planned homebirth. I had no vaginal checks because you can be dilated for weeks, or be completely closed until in active labor. Useless information when laboring
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I was induced with my first as well lol and I didn't lose my mucus plug I think until I was actually in labor, so I am no help at all lol. But I think everyone is different, my friend was shopping the day before and was feeling fine and her water broke as soon as she woke up. My cousin went for her regular check ups and started having contractions at the doctors office lol. So it really all depends on baby and I don't think there is truly a "sign".

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's different for every woman and every child for that woman. Typically you'll get a surge of energy a week to two weeks before. With my first I knew when he was coming despite my dr and nurses telling me I had at least two weeks (he came the following day). With my last two I was so anxious for them to come I wasn't as connected to my body and didn't notice the changes. I get braxton hicks contractions from about 6 months on so those were no help and I get very strong contractions all through my last month. I only saw my mucus plug with my first child. You will feel the baby sitting lower but you can still have weeks after that. Baby will also start to not move as much, conserving energy for labor. No matter what you'll eventually have your baby in your arms. I know how hard the waiting game is though. *hugs*
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 9:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had cramps, slight bleeding, and yuck diarehha....a week before my water broke...and just a feeling of heaviness if that makes any sense.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2010