Facebook makes you immature?

I belong to a site where you can post your problems and random Internet people tell you who they think is right or wrong. Anyways, I read a question about a man that was mistreating his wife and for some reason the fact that she has a FB page to play Farmville came up. A few people immediately said that the man, despite how poorly he was treating his wife, was faultless because playing a game on FB makes the wife immature!! Me personally, I'm still scratching my head on that one lol. I pictured some lady saying to her husband, "It's okay that you abuse me honey, I play Farmville." I also wondered....why is it okay that those people were spending their free time on the advise site, but a virtual farm makes you a worthless human being???? Hmmmm.....What do you think about it?

-xoxo-

Asked by -xoxo- at 9:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are lots of people who are rabidly against the games and some of the other features and apps on Facebook. I have heard discussions about it on the radio. I tend to think that those people are not so much speaking out against her (the wife) so much as the games on Facebook. Maybe something like that hits close to home for them.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think that just about anything can be overdone. I don't play on-line games at all because it just seems that you can get so addicted.
    but then I spend way too much time on here too- so nothing is perfect I guess!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• confusedi am puzzled to

yes, i think farmvillie gamethings are not for me

but how in the world is not even remotely connected to abuse, i can not find one minute connection

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I love the games on fb so I think that its pretty silly to call someone immature for playing a game. How many people play video games, or cards, or horseshoes etc? Are they immature too for enjoying themselves with leisure activities?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That's exactly what I was thinking SabrenaLeigh (btw I'm a Sabrina too). How is a virtual farm in your spare time any different than going on CM when you're bored or using an advise website? There is no difference to me, you can get addicted to any website and it's all about how long you're using it for IMO. The woman I read about didn't even state how long she played on her farm, the fact that she had a FB account at all made those people turn REAL ugly.

-xoxo-

Comment by -xoxo- (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• lol thats funny they are on a website them selves but having a game on a website makes her immature ok ... and him mistreating her is not right no matter what
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Speaking for my group of 40'ish friends, we do it in our spare time too. With all things moderation is key, but sometimes farmtown or frontierville is a nice no-brainer way to unwind after a long day of work and family.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Well then call me Mrs. Immature! I play several FB games. I guess my hubby has the right to beat me now,huh? What a crock of s*it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They're just mad because they couldn't figure out how to get an awesome farm like she did. Who's the immature one? ha ha ha haha
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010