Have any of you developed anxiety or become paranoid during pregnancy but not about the pregnancy?

I have noticed I have slight anxiety anymore can't deal with groups of people for to long or i lash out. I have never had this problem before I talked with my sister who has anxiety and she said thats what it sounds like. And I have become extremely paranoid about the weirdest stuff, I can't sleep time my so gets home at 11:30 pm cause I fear someone will come through the door or someone is on my porch watching me and the kids. I am 12 weeks along and I have 3 other kids ages 5 2 and 7 months, I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues. I will be talking to my dr about it at my next appointment. mostly curious if I am alone with this or not.

mom2girls82

Asked by mom2girls82 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• this is my third pregnancy, and i've developed what feels like anxiety attacks. that's all I could even explain them as.....I just freak out and need to be alone...I can't settle and I start crying. If it doesn't go away after the baby is here (I deliver next week) then i'm mos definitely talking to my doctor....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I hear ya! I've been pregnant twice in my life and I had the same problem both times.
    my SIL seemed to have the same problem. She would send me emails threatening what she was going to do to me if I didn't stop making her life h*ll.
    yet she couldn't tell me WHAT I was allegedly doing to her- in many cases it had been some time since we'd even had much contact.
    everything I did was wrong, if I showed up at my nieces school events she would accuse me of trying to win over her daughter to take her away- or accuse me of stalking her.
    during her second pregnancy she pretty much put everyone out of her life because she was sure that their involvement would end in tragedy.
    so no, you aren't the only one.
    I'd see if your doctor could maybe direct you to a counselor to talk to about this. Keeping your feelings inside couldn't be good for you or your pregnancy-
    hugs! I feel for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• sorry but i didnt have that
    reidsmommynolt

Answer by reidsmommynolt at 10:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2010