Investigation into Jan Crewers legal defense fund, thoughts?

Gov. Jan Brewer’s office was working Wednesday to track down whether any of the roughly $1.2 million in donations to its newly-created Senate Bill 1070 legal defense fund had been made by purported hate groups.

The move came after a California-based organization known as American Third Position posted on its website that it had made a “triple digit” donation to the fund’s coffers.

On its site, the group – whose mission statement is to “represent the political interests of White Americans,” -- said it made the donation because, “We support all constructive endeavors by private citizens, businesses, local governments – or in this case – a sovereign state – to stem and reverse the browning of America.”

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• lol...I saw Jan Crewer and I was like *wth? do I live under a rock? who is this now!

She can't help who donates. She can give it back if she finds out it's from sllime. It's not like on anyone's donation page there is a six page disclosure form on who you are and your beliefs.

whoever wrote that bit about the browning of America ought to be shot.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think it's great that she's investigating. Other than that, she can't really control who decides to donate. I would guess most politicians have donations from people or groups that could raise eyebrows.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 10:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• She can't control who donates, but you made it look as if Brewer was being investigated, when if fact Brewer is doing the investigation.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 11:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Any group that supports the immigration bill, AZ, or the gov. will be deemed a hate group. The National Brotherhood of I Love Everyone could give and they will be deemed a hate group.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Of course groups like this are going to support bills like this. I would be supprised to find out more of the money did not come from these kinds of groups. There are going to be groups that people do not like supporting just about every bill out there.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would be much happier if that money was returned. That is why I am not a fan of this law, and laws so loosely written, it seems to bring out and support being a racist. I am 100% for legal, clear and constitutional laws that manage and control immigration. This to me seems to be an easy way out, and it is attracting the scum.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Any group that wants to"Stem and reverse the browning of America" needs to be locked away forever. Insane bigots.
    Contributions from them? Dirty money. Jan Brewer had better give the money back. And shun them. Otherwise, if she doesn't,she is just as bad as the group is.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• "Any group that wants to"Stem and reverse the browning of America" needs to be locked away forever."

So you support arresting people for exercising their freedom of speech?  Without a trial?  Forever?

The group is racist, no doubt.  However they have a right to their beliefs. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• She can not control who is donating, but she can decide whether or not to keep or return the funds. It appears to be a huge CF, as it's hard to determine exactly WHO donated what money, and that will likely be her easy and convenient conclusion to this mess. The donations were not fully traceable..... The AZ law is a band aid on a severed artery
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• There will always be consequences for actions and words. Let the chips fall where they may.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010