How would this make you feel? ( Even though we know it is part of life )

I was talking to my mom the other day and somehow got on the subject of buying a space for a grave spot. She told me that her and my dad already bought their spots bc my dad did not want to worry us kids my mom wants to be buried and my dad wants to be cremated... Oohh just the thought of it makes me very sad.
Your thoughts ladies thanks...sniff sniff.

Butterfly1108

Asked by Butterfly1108 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• My parents have already done it as well. I don't dwell on it but I am glad that they love us kids enough to take that off our hands.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It is better (and less expensive) to pre-plan your burial.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think they are being smart.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my great uncle bought spots for all his children, their spouses, plus extras...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• oh, and i think its very weird..we go visit for thanks giving and my little 5 yr old 3rd cousing is telling my son.."this is where i'm going to be burried when i die"..my son does not understand that...hes like "when are you gonna die?"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Several families do this so that there will be no worries when the time comes. I wish to be cremated. It's just a way of people not wanting it to be a burden when they're gone.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They are being very smart. My grandmother bought the burial plot a long time ago and to bury her the total expenses including a very small funeral was almost $10,000. And most of that was not the funeral but the casket, the vault, the charge to dig the ground to be buried, embalming, pick up of grammy, etc. Very little of it was the funeral service its self.

I just want to be cremated. So does hubby.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Sounds like a good idea. I know what my mom wants done if she dies.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My mom and stepdad both have already purchased their spots. My husband and I are both in the process of preplanning our funeral arrangements. I think it is a great thing.
    When my father passed away, I was his only child, and he was unmarried. The most terrible part of all of it, was having to plan his funeral alone. Right now, I only have one son. I refuse to do that to him. So, I will preplan, that way married or not, more kids or not, no one else has to go through what I did when my dad passes when I pass.
    Dying is a part of life, rather than being creeped out, I would be touched that your parents are trying to spare you what is an extremely painful situation any way it is handled.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• *cousin
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010