What is the best thing you have ever heard of a day care provider doing?

This past holiday season my daycare provider new that one of the children she has was not going to have a xmas because of financial trouble. She took the money the parents gave her (110 a week) for a month and put it aside. She spent 100 of it on presents for the boy and gave the remainder to the parents as a xmas present!

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is just too sweet Love that ! I know that that was that providers paycheck so to do that was so mindlessly thoughtful. I know my daycare provider gives little gifts to all the children at all the holidays just a Halloween bag of goodies ar small present at Christmas that kind of thing.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• wow that is awesome,,i am a very giving person so im sure i would try to do something for the child.
    reidsmommynolt

Answer by reidsmommynolt at 9:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I love my daycare provider she has become like a surrogate mom/grandmom for me and my son. There has been so much daycare bashing lately i just want to get some of the good things out there!

My cousins daycare provider took her daughter Overnight when my aunt died so that she could morn her mother with out worrying about her 2 year old
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2010