how can i get a 4 year old to understand....

that "blow" and "me" by them selves are not bad words but when put together they are? LOL
Her heard his dad say it and i told him that was a bad thing to say but now he thinks "blow" is a bad word.

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He will get it eventually. You just have to keep telling him. My kids have gone through this many times where they hear a word and they think it is bad, but it's not. I just have to keep telling them that certain words are not okay to say. Eventually they get it. He will too.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Probably the best thing to do is just hope he quickly forgets it. The more you say about it, the more you will reinforce what's already in his mind. If he says it again, try to rephrase it for him in a better way. Little pitchers do indeed have big ears and they also have minds like quick-sand.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree with Nanny. If he thinks it's a bad word i'd just say "Okay, then don't use it."
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree with above...the more you say it the more he'll remember. I have the same issue with dh saying words/phrases I don't want our son to pick up. Good luck.
    Holland04

Answer by Holland04 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• hehe we went to a b-day party and the mom told the daughter to "blow" the candles and my son yelled "thats a bad word!" I hope he forgets about it soon
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010