She's Come Undone..

by Wally Lamb

Have you read it? I am almost done with it..I think it is depressing. Everyone said it is great..I'm have such mixed feelings about it. It has kept my interest..but I'm so disgusted by her husband..my heart breaks for her. I hope the ending gets better..Someone who has read it please discuss it with me. This book is like a burden lol

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I loved this book! It is a little depressing, though.
    I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb is a great book too! I think he is a great writer!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree its depressing but I still liked it. I remember the lesbian college scene bothering me though the way it was written, that was the only part I felt like you could tell it was written by a man and not a woman.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• He is an excellent writer and maybe that is the the draw to him. The book is so real it could be someone's life; a few times I have had to put it down cause it is just too much!!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree, it was depressing. A good read though...I wish I could discuss it with you but it has been a while since I have read it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree. Depressing, yet a good book. Though I do tend to gravitate towards depressing books. Or so my husband says.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I didn't find it depresssing,I found it to be real.Life isn't all rainbows and ponies for alot of abused folks.Don't worry,it gets good at the end!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Thats what i need to know ..I am where Dante spent all there money on the van..and they had anal sex..yes it is very real but i'm waiting for this girl to catch a break..He is tickin' me off!!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have read both books mentioned here. Very depressing and at times graphic. not my cup of tea. All I can say is if it has the Oprah book club sticker....reader beware! All the books she picks are so damn dark and depressing! Cold Mountain, The Book of Ruth, Night, Angela'a Ashes...I could go on and on...I have yet to read one that is fun and uplifting!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree about Oprah books..I read White Oleander recently. It was good but a tough read as well. I do like to learn soemthing from the books or come away with a new way of thinking but I remember thinking White Oleander was abit disturbing as well.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'll take dark and disturbing over fun and uplifting any day!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010