I need help I think, please read.

I have a problem with my husband and sometimes other people.I think I have to know everything but in fairness I tell everything.Here is an example, my hubby just told his friend that he thought that the verizon store would take their bill payment.I'm wondering how he knows this because he claims he hasn't ever been in there, and I doubt he has because he doesn't pay the bill and when we have trouble I am the one to handle it.I wanted to ask, how do you know that.But I didn't.I just realized that he is right, I do think that I have to know every little thing when it comes to him.I use to be this way with my best friend.I would get mad if she knew something and didn't tell me.I do him the same way.I'm not sure if it is because I tell him everything, I mean down to such and such has a sale going on and I explain how I know and when I find out.He tells me, you don't have to tell me every little detail, but I feel panic if I don't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• just part of who you are, maybe a women thing =not all women =but women are multi taskers=get into details
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• as long as you are not a snooper or lose sleep over
    how much of issue is this for you?
    fiatpax

• Just from trying to read your question, I have to agree with your husband. It's too much detail and that makes it hard to know what your really asking.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Are you trying to change this?? I use to get upset over little things like that and I found out I am really anxious.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It sounds like you are insecure with your relationships,, I think it is an automatic assumption a store would take a payment. You might be struggling with anxiety,, I would think a doctor/counselor visit is in order,, do you want to go through your life being clingy? Can you imagine when your kids are teenagers? I think you should get a little help, there is nothing wrong with doing so,, and it is a GREAT sign you recoginze the problem,, good luck and hugs to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• if you are feeling panic, then I would speak to a doctor about seeing someone. from what I know, there can be chemical imbalances in the body that can cause this kind of thing. You might have a compulsive disorder.
    no need to feel embarrassed or anything, you may just need some medication or the like.
    it happens to a lot of people- I'd just speak to a doctor just as you would for anything that didn't feel right with your body.

I think it's great you're asking about this- my mom and sister have terrible compulsive disorders and they won't talk to anyone about it.

Best to you, good luck!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• What comes to mind is this, you may want to consider working on self esteem issues along with anxiety. Someone can have ongoing anxiety and not be fully aware of it - this may be present for you on a regular basis and the panic you feel is an escalation of that anxiety.

Also, women communicate differently than men in general. What may help here, is to write down what you want to share with SO and then abbreviate it into short blurbs using bullet points ( cutting out the little details and just focusing on the main points ).

Warm Regards
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 11:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• U have a problem that only u can fix.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010