have you moms all waited the 6 weeks of not having sex after birth

so i had this question how bad is it to have sex during the 6 weeks. will it get us sick or something or can it hurt something or why is it that we have to wait 6 weeks ( i knwo its a stupid quesiton but ive been curious) have you guys actually waited the 6 weeks of nothing

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• They recommend the six weeks to allow the body to heal as well as pass by the peak fertility that comes right after giving birth. Most doctors feel babies too close together can be risky. If you had any tearing or cutting during birth that requires stitches, the body needs time to fully heal or you risk re-tearing. My neighbor and her husband din't wait the six weeks. In fact they waited four. She didn't get hurt, but she did get pregnant. I have known other friends to not wait and nothing bad happened, but the precautions from your doctor are there for a reason. I'm the cautious type, so I waited after my first. Honestly, it took that long before things felt back to normal enough to consider sex.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I waited more than the 6wks. I got stitches after I had my daughter. It takes awhile to recover and stop bleeding.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They say to wait six weeks because you are VERY succeptable to becomeing pregnant again if you don't and you haven't gotten your tubes tied or something.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I waited 4 weeks tried it then decided to wait 4 more weeks! It hurt!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You have to wait at least 6 weeks to allow your body to heal. If you don't you can injure yourself, bruising and bleeding, rupturing stitches, etc. I waited 6 weeks. Self-control is a virtue, it's what separates people from other mammals.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I don't remember how long we waited but I do remember that I just wasn't interested. I was tired and sore -- having sex was the last thing on my mind.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I waited 11 weeks! But thats was because my husband left for basic training 2 weeks after my son was born. And even after all that time i was still very sore
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 10:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• With our first we waited more than 6 weeks. I had stitches and it hurt to go to the darn bathroom, much less have sex. My hubby understood as he was there during the delivery and how I nearly bled to death. The doctor counted my stitches by boxes not stitches.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm going on 8 weeks, lol. I have not been to the OB yet for my check.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had no interest at all in having sex until I was fully healed. After the trauma to my body and the discomfort that followed...no thanks.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 10:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010