Could you support Casey Anthony if she was your daughter? Wondering what you all think!

I have been watching Casey Anthony's mom on TV, today she is going to testify in defense of her daughter. I would always love my child, but if she killed my grandchild, I wouldn't defend her for it! It is pretty clear from her 911 call that she smelled something, and they have already found the little girls DNA and hair in the trunk,, so I wouldn't help trying to get her off! What would you do?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely not. I would have disowned her and written her out of my life.

I love my son with all of my heart. But if he were ever to commit such a vile crime as this, I would be done with him. He would not get my support.

I'm sickened that her parents are so blindly sticking by her side. How the hell can anyone believe in her innocence when she waited a MONTH to report her missing (and it was her mom that made the first 911 call!)?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh hell no!! Like you say, I would still love my daughter no matter what, but I have no sympathy for people who harm, or kill, children! This bitch needs to burn in hell!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think that is so OBVIOUS that the Casey did it, and throughout the entire case the mom has kind of refused to see the truth. I absolutely cannot believe the lack of feeling that Casey has. Even if she didn't do it...she hardly even showed concern over her daughter "missing"! She has exactly the kind of personality that killers have. She seems to have no conscience, even when it comes to her own daughter! I wouldn't support my son if he killed his own child, no, and I sure as hell wouldn't testify in his defense when it is so blatantly obvious that evidence shows so much against what Casey says. Not to mention the fact that she LIES non-stop, and has from the very beginning of this case. This case just blows my mind.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If I raised a child who was as entitled and self absorbed as Casey Anthony I would be very angry with myself. I would stand behind her as a mother if she took full responsibility for her actions confessed to the court and took her punishment for her actions like a woman. I could not stand behind her while she perjures herself to the court and lies about murdering her precious child. She would be all on her own and I would not speak to her until she could own up to her actions.

I have always thought the Anthony family was strange and know what happened to that precious baby. Not saying they helped her kill the child but maybe dad or her brother helped her cover things up a bit. Mom is in denial has been Casey's entire life. Caylee was screwed the day she was born into that family poor little girl.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'd love her, she's my daughter but I would not defend anyone with that much stacked against them. She appears guilty to me and I could not fathom that my child was a cold blooded killer (of my grand baby no less!)
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 10:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I don't think it's right for us to say we wouldn't stand by her. Imagine how heart broken her mom must be."

If someone killed my grandchild, I would not stand by them. If I did what Casey had done, I would not expect my mom to stand by me, regardless of how much she loves me. Some people don't deserve support. No, she hasn't been "proven: guilty, but I'd be willing to bet my life that she is. If you had read as much about the case as I have, you'd see that she pretty much admits it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I also do not understand the whole love vs support notion. Saying you love someone is too easy. How do you show love for someone who you firmly believed murdered your granddaughter?

Maybe visit her in prison...MAYBE. But if she still wasn't admitting ...I would not see her until she ws honest and expressed remorse...Then I'd have to see from there. As it stands, the Grandmother "supported Casey too much..to the peril of Caylee

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No...Would still love her ..in a way...but would turn her in a heart beat..even if it wasn't my grand daughter but another person

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's hard to know what I would do unless I was actually in the situation. But if I were to guess, I would probably support my daughter, but with all of the same circumstances I would encourage her to plead guilty for the crime if I were convinced that she was guilty of it. If my efforts were ignored by my DD, I would likely just take a back seat and tell her that I love her and that I hope that she gets the help she needs, but I wouldn't be visiting her or corresponding with her until she was honest about what she had done. Her daughter deserves at least that little bit of dignity (not Casey, but her dead DD).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Her mom through out this whole thing has been in the largest case of denial I've seen in my entire life! It's sad really to see her go through it. One minute in an interview she's saying she knows it was her daughter and the next breath she takes she's saying there's no possible way her daughter could have ever done this.

Casey Anthony is guilty as anyone has ever been. She never wanted that baby in the first place her mama talked her into keeping her and while I'm not sure if she just went too far with the dosing the child with adult meds and chloroform to put her to sleep so mama could party, I do feel that she is responsible for the death of that child.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2010