Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

I need a doctor or midwife in okc that accepts soonercare/medicaid to deliver my baby naturally after 2 c sections

I have had 2 c sections 2001 and 2007 i am desperate to have this baby ( I am 5 weeks pregnant) naturally and can not find a prson that will touch me (OU midwifes laughed at me when i asked them) ='( Please help me find a medical care personal in okc that accepts soonercare or i can have the money for a midwife in feb. 2011 but my baby is due in april should i get a doc now then kick him/her to the curb when i can pay for a midwife. Please help me......

Answer Question

Asked by jenny.jourdan at 11:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 6 (105 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I personally don't know of any doctor that will deliver a baby naturally after one let alone two c-sections but I bumped your question. good luck!

    Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • thank you
    St. Anthony physician Dr. Robert Ryan is one of the few obstetricians in Oklahoma City who offer vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC) as an option to area women. With over twenty-five years of experience, Ryan has successfully completed more than 100 VBACs.

    This doctor will do it after one but not more than that and it is the hospital that won't allow him to do it.

    Comment by jenny.jourdan (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • Well what is the reason you had to have C-Sections?

    Answer by cynprz at 12:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • I think it's doubtful you'll find a dr/midwife in a hospital setting to do a VBAC after 2 c-sections. I would look into freestanding birth centers or home birth midwives. I'm not in OKC so I don't know any personally but I found my midwife on That should at least give you a starting point. Good luck!

    Answer by jupiter84 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • From what my OB told me, it depends on the reason for your previous c-sections and how likely that reason is to present itself again. A planned c-section has much less risk than an emergency c-section.

    Answer by missanc at 12:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • the hospital and dr's can't deny you having a VBAC. it is your body and your right.
    i bumped it for you since i'm not in that are (or state lol), but a midwife is probably going to be your best option.

    Answer by mommytobobby at 11:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • Thank you so i can tell them i do not want a c section and they have to deal with it?? they tell me no that the insurance wil not alow them to do it

    Comment by jenny.jourdan (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.