As adults, we also need "play" for overall good mental health. What do you do for play?

When was the last time you had fun? If you are/ or have been neglecting yourself in this area of self care, find it difficult to answer

805Therapy.com

Asked by 805Therapy.com at 11:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• I read, go to concerts, have a girls night out, mow the lawn (I know , that sounds weird, but I like it) I've always been able to find "me" time
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We always make time for play. Once a month or so we have game night with the adults. Make good food, have a few drinks and play board games. Its lots of fun and cheap.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I play coed sports on the weekends (softball, kickball, volleyball). It's helped me broaden my social circle and it gives me time to relax and have fun.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We go to the lake. It's so relaxing to sit with a good book, or just look out over the lake at the different kinds of boats, people skiing, flying kites, etc. Watching the little ones play and hearing their giggles as they play at the beach area is very uplifting. Nature has a way of relaxing the body and refreshing the spirit.
    NanaR46

Answer by NanaR46 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I play at gardening, read a book to take me away from it all, do word puzzles to keep my brain ticking over.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010