Help... My mom is turning 50 in a few days- any cool gift ideas?

She lives out of town- so I'm thinking it will be easier to order online and ship direct to her.

bettalisten

Asked by bettalisten at 4:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• For Mother's Day last year, I did something original...I guess, I've never heard of anyone doing it before. I got a canvas and paint and called my brother over and we did our hand prints for her. I put our names and our current ages at the time and a poem on it. So now she has our hand prints as children and as adults. She loved it and still shows it off to people.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• well i was gonna say take her to have her nails and hair done a girlie day. then a movie and diner.
    ladybug01188

Answer by ladybug01188 at 5:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I agree that pampering is the thing! I would love a day of beauty that included a massage, facial, and a mani-pedi w/ a nice gourmet lunch thrown in, then I'd be ready for a night on the town w/ my hubby.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 8:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• A Big Giant Kiss and Hugg......Let her know how much You Love Her........
    SuzieQ45

Answer by SuzieQ45 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• As far as pampering goes you could call a couple places near her and get her a gift certificate but only if she likes doing those things on her own. My suggestion was going to be creating a slide show of her life but if she lives out of town that may not work. For my dad's 50th we scanned all the photos we could find of his life and created a slideshow set to music and played it at his party. Hmmm...you could send her a mother's journal to record her life but that's more a gift for you. If she doesn't already have a nice big acid free photo album for all the pictures of her kids and grandkids that might be nice.
    Betc04

Answer by Betc04 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• For my mom's 50th birthday (and for my dad's, too) I made them photo DVDs with some great music in the background. I went through all of my photo albums and even borrowed theirs when I ran out of pictures. Then I scanned the ones I wanted, starting from when they were children, and added in the music. I titled the movies "The First Fifty Years". They were a HUGE hit! Kinda like a digital scrapbook. I know you said you only had a few days, but it doesn't have to take long. The more creative you want it, the longer it will take. It doesn't have to be extremely creative ---- just a few great pics they can look at on their dvd players will go over great! Good luck with this!
    newagegirl

Answer by newagegirl at 11:57 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I don't know if your mother is a diabetic or not or if she even indulges in sweets, but I once sent a basket to my mom filled with treats that she enjoyed during her childhood. She had a great time reminiscing on these treats and the memories/experiences that came along with them. On Amazon, they're called Decade Box Gift Bakets.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 12:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008