How long to keep trying whole milk with baby?

Our baby just started getting the hang of a sippy cup, but she's not a pro yet and sometimes sips and then dribbles it all out. She just turned one and I started giving her some whole milk to try...she seems to like water more than milk. I'm just wondering how long I should keep trying the milk before I conclude that she doesn't like it? She's still nursing, and since she only has one tooth, she doesn't eat a lot of cheese. However, she is getting calcium from yogurt, which she loves. I want to begin weaning, but if she's not drinking milk, then that's a problem. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd never liked and still doesn't like plain milk, whole, non fat or 2/1%'s....as long as your giving her stuff that provides calcium I don't see how it would affect her health
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Are you warming it? My daughter is 2 and still insists on warm milk. Sometimes it is a temperature thing.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My middle 2 never liked milk, and still don't. The only need 3 servings of dairy/day and it wouldn't be hard to fill that without milk. Even before my kids had teeth, they liked cheese melted on whole wheat bread - I would cool it and then pull it into pieces for them to eat, they could gum it enough eat it. And yogurt is great for the dairy!

Answer by missanc at 1:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• as long as she is nursing there isnt a problem... the World Health Organization recommends nursing at least 2 years and that is part of it give you more time to introduce the other milk... keep trying to give her the milk but like PP said maybe warm it... she is used to your milk being nice and warm...
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010