Weekend Getaway on a budget!!!

I live in Fort Wort Texas and my hubby and I want to take our son on a weekend trip and we are new to the area and I would love some ideas other than Six Flags and water parks. Been googling and coming up with mostly romantic getaways. I would love some in put from you please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Travel

• What about the Houston Zoo. I love going there when we visit my in laws. Or better yet the Aquarium in Houston. I have not been there since Hurricane Katrina. Google Houston Aquarium and check out there site. They have a couple of white Tigers there and sharks. You can play in there water thing they have, go on there train ride.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Bite the bullet and come to California! There is so much to do - San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, the wine country, Disneyland, etc.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• have you googled Texas water parks or family entertainment in Texas sometimes entering a key word then the zipcode gets results as well so like waterparks then your zipcode
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• why not check out things right in front of you? Like that park you always say you will go to but never have the time or explore your own town and go down roads you have never driven on - just a thought :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010