need good input

we are considering a big change in our lives and would love to move out of state. the hard part is picking a state lol. we need it to be reasonably priced, good for kids, and not boring and dead. were a young couple and have grown up in the same town our whole lives. its a "suburb" sort of town but its busy, were used to the chaos and noise and i love it. but i want more of a hometown feel for my daughters. any suggestions ladies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Travel

• Google best places to live and go to the Money Magazine link for their 2010 picks. I'd start there. Also, I have heard the Pittsburgh, PA area is great for low cost of living and tons of cultural attractions. Pittsburgh covers a huge geograpgical area and has many rural sections. Good Luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• elizabr you read my mind! I grew up in Pittsburgh and was going to suggest it. There is a low cost of living, and it's not a huge city, but there is enough to do to keep the kids and yourselves occupied. Lots of cultural attractions and some great city neighborhoods. Plus all of the suburbs. World-class museums, lots of parks and green space, free summer events, state parks within quick driving distance, and some great libraries. Check it out!
    pmayo

Answer by pmayo at 4:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• There is a website called www.findyourspot.com where you pretty much fill out a form and then they tell you the top ten places in America that match with your answers.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We love Chicago! We live in a nice neighborhood with a small town feel ; everyone on the block knows each other. You can manage quite well without a car!

Send me a message if you would like to chat

Answer by rkoloms at 11:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• For affordable housing.. check out Western NY.. (area's like Lockport, Sanborn, Clarence for a bit more high end, or there's Buffalo and Niagara Falls suburbs as well).

I live in Middleport, it's a small town, but everything is 15 mins-45 mins away in almost all directions.. however there are towns a bit closer as well.

Downfalls.. the job market was never great here..

but housing can go for$40,000 and on up..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• There is plenty to do as well.. it's next to two great lakes.. there's letchworth state park.. niagara falls.. buffalo has a lot of things like the zoo's, etc for kids.. then darien lake theme park. etc.

Some great school systems.. are around here as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010