If I marry my kids daddy and his daughter mama takes him back to court will my income come into play?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 11:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• It may depend on the state; Here yes the spouses income is taken into account when it comes to child support.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm talking about Child Support
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I beleive that it does, but I would check with your state to see.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• In my state it doesn't but if he doesn't pay then it comes out of the wife's pay. My x's wife has to pay his cs to me or he goes to jail.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Once you marry you are one and his debts is yours and yours are his imo. There is no my in marriage it is a shared union regardless of who has what. If you love him it should not matter.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• In some states. Yes.

Once you are legally married. Both incomes, savings/investments, properties..ect.. are considered joint property. Just like debts are. Once legally married, what's your's is his, and what's his is yours.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, you shouldn't be responsible! I guess some states are screwed up if they take the new wife's pay into the mix. Here in CT, it's all on my DH. And if you have your own kids with your DH, the courts take them in to consideration when she files for a raise in CS. If he files to lower, they will take her kids with new spouse into consideration, if she has any. Google your state CS laws. I've heard of some seriously screwed up states. We didn't have that child, not our responsibility to pay!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 11:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Love hell I am not paying another man "Child Support" I hope he finds a wife just like u.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yea it does i have the same thing going on with me and i feel like shouldnt have to pay for his other kids or their moms im am tryin to think if i should say i do i ony have money for my baby
    MsShoate313

Answer by MsShoate313 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree Jgrimmer that's ridiculous
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010