How do i tell my mom?

I already have a 11 month old and im 19 weeks pregnant again my mom hates my boyfriend and the only thing she said to me about him was don't get pregnant again. we wern't tryin to but it happened and now im really scared to tell her i have too but don't know how. Anyone have any ideas please let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well sometimes things happen when you don't mean to! I would sit her down babies are a blessing and just because she doesnt like your boyfriend doesn't mean she cant love her grandchild. Your almost halfway through it you have got to face the music and tell her because your going to be showing soon if not already! Good Luck tell her easily and calmly and if harsh words are used don't let them get to you all that matters is the love that you and your boyfriend will have for this baby
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would ask myself WHY she hates him so much that she doesnt even want you to get pregnant by him again.

I can only speak for my parents. If they would say something like this about my boyfriends or better said my hubby, then my spouse would be an total fucked up bastard. Thats why Im wondering why she is saying that. Maybe your boyfriend is a lazy, job-less immature guy or whatever reason ever she has to say those things. If thats the case then I agree with her, but if shes just a bitter b!t@h that wants to cause probs then why do you even bother to tell her?! Its not her business ;)

I wish you good luck :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I feel for you. Even though I was 40 years old, w/ 7 kids, a husband who has a stable job, I was so sick to tell my mother that I wasted like 2 hours sitting at her table chatting about anything and everything till I could muster up the courage to break the news. My plan was to surprise my kids witht he news on Christmas morn, but she'd planned to be there and I didn't want her negative reaction to spoil the moment. With all the other 7 announcements, I got a long quiet pause (called fm overseas, so it was a costly long quiet pause), or yelled at to the extreme! Well, I think she could sense my nature, and when I finally told her, she paused briefly and said a slow soft 'congratulations'. The first time! ever! cont..
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 7:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• cont....Bring your boyfriend, figure out how and who, and prepare yourself first with meditation, prayer, positive thinking, whatever you can. THen go for it. It's your life you are leading, and although you don't owe anyone explanation, it's great to have her support and acceptance. Abundant blessing to you!
    onlycathyo

• send her a card that says HI GRANDMA!! (can get them at walmart for around $1-2) and put a pic of the US in it and mail it to her. :)

I called my mom and when he said hello I said well hello there grandma!! wanna reserve a time in to come see your new grand chitlin?? It took her a second for it to hit as to what I was saying.
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 8:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Does your age play any factor in this? If you are young, she may be resentful that your young and this "guy" keeps getting you pregnant. What does she say the problem is with him? Just tell her on the phone~that way if she starts berating you and you get upset, you can simply hang up and collect yourself before you choose to do anything else. A confrontation like this in person could be heated or negative and just upset you more, especially when pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK ((((HUGS))))
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Same thing happened to me! I have a 8 month old and am 8 weeks prego again. My hubby and I got into this huge fight and now my mom isn't to fond of him. Well anyhow, we made up and i just ended up comming out. I was like "I'm pregnant" of course she wasn't too impressed and now shes been up my butt about it cuz this baby wasn't planned but no accident either(no BC)....so just come out to her and be like i'm pregnant, whether you like it or not! She has no say what you can or can't do. I think once the baby is born she will be happy for you!
    MrsSpecialistB

Answer by MrsSpecialistB at 8:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well if you are an adult then it is your life if you are happy about having another baby don,t let her ruin it for you. As long as you are not living in here home she pretty much can't do or say anything. It is your life.
    redhead-bedhead

Answer by redhead-bedhead at 9:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i so feel you.just tell her.whats the worst that can happen?she will be dissapointed and angry and you will have to live with that.but my love...this too shall pass,you"ll see.you'll be fine.
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2008