how many ounces and times should i feed my baby formula ?

cutieroxy247

Asked by cutieroxy247 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Usually there is some sort of chart. If not on the formula itself, go to the website. Babies will stop when they are full and will let you know when they are hungry.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 11:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Depends on the baby and their age, as they get older they eat more but less often. Newborns 2-4 onces every 3 hours or so. One rule of thumb is to multiply the baby's weight by 2.5 - 2.7 ounces of formula. I just let my have as much as they wanted and they let me know wen they were full.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• you should feed him every 2 hrs , and feed him 1-3 ounces each feeding also dont forget night feedings ! and there is not really i certain amount just from the time he wakes to the time he gos to sleep !
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• 2-3 ounces every 3 hours or so, baby will usually let you know when they are hungry!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Feed him on demand. You'll figure out how much he'll drink. My daughter took 4 ounces right away. My boys only drank 2 ounces at a time. Around 3 hours later give him more. He'll let you know when he wants it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a 4 month old and she is on 4 ozs and she did not start taking that untill she was about 2 months old. some (mostly doc) say to put your kids on a schudele however i did not with my 7yr nor am i doing it with my 4 month old. my main reason is that they (and you) need your sleep. your baby will let you know when they are hungry.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 12:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010