Has anyone ever had a Dermoid Tumor while pregnant?

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and at my 24 week check up I was told that I have a Dermoid Tumor on my left ovary. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem as well. I'm ok with the tumor.. just wondering if I'll lose this ovary like I did my right one. I lost my right ovary when I was 19 due to a tumor that twisted my ovary and killed it. If anyone has any information on Dermoid Tumors/Cysts.. please let me know. I know what they consist of and what they look like. I just want to know more about what could possibly happen to my ovary. Thanks!!

HoughLeachFam

Asked by HoughLeachFam at 11:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• I did, they watched it and when the time was right and they were sure it was safe, it was removed
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2960
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The doc told me that he will keep an eye on it. Its starting to cause a lot of pain. At times I even wake up in pain. I go back to the doc on the 22nd. But I don't think there is anything for pain that they can give me.
    HoughLeachFam

Comment by HoughLeachFam (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010