I did acrylic nails a week ago and they turning into a yellowish color?

I did my acrylic nails a week ago but today I see them and they all look yellow what could it be? I am thinking of going to the nail salon and ask them what's going on ? It's this something to worry about hungus ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• old product?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Did you tan? Tanning will turn the nails yellow, as will chlorine, I think. That is why I don't do the french tips anymore. It's not very attractive once you tan.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If you tan at a tanning salon it could be from the ultra violet rays or they could be getting some type of yellow color from foods or lotion products you may be using. I would go back to the salon and see what they can do for you and I wouldn't go back to them..they may just use cheap supplies at their nail salon.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Are you tanning? UV rays can yellow nails,, fungus is more a brown-yellow-green,,, Also if you are going to a discount nail place the stuff they use is really harsh on your nails (thus the masks) they don't even want to breathe the fumes! I am a hairstylist and here is a list of safe and good acrylic products ask the salon if they use the following, if not find a new salon-
    OPI
    Tammy Taylor
    Creative Nail
    NSI
    all of these WILL not yellow and are safe! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, I haven't tan.
    MommyOfJayden23

Answer by MommyOfJayden23 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That just happens.. is it just the white tips? Were they airbrushed on?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Bad product with MMA look it up ---google MMA in nail salons,, bet you find a new place,, LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• it's probably not fungus- is that what you meant?
    it could be from the sun that kind of thing...did they put a UV coat on them to protect them from that?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• MMA is BAD...do the people that do them wear masks? if they do - I would honestly go somewhere else
    I would ask what product they are using (not that they all use that stuff, but beware of asian shops-when I was in school the instructor told us about the fact that they use MMA -it's cheaper . They had a gril who went to the school (for the nail tech course) and she refused to use the product at the school- she insisted on using her own...she ended up quitting -they wouldnt let her use it-it's illegal)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• this happened to me too.. i went to a different place to get them filled and she told me it was bad or old product they used.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010