Just wondering why people ask a question

anonymously and then respond to they're own question and it show there screen name...Kinda defeats being anon right? Lol. Just things that make you go hummm?

Angeleyez08

Asked by Angeleyez08 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Before I got to this level I posted a question anon. a serious question that actually turned into a small debate, I couldn't answer any of the questions because I didn't have the anon. option, it was frustrating but obviously that's when I realized that if I responded to their questions to me I couldn't keep from them knowing my identity.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I've noticed that too. I figure some of them don't realize that people can see that they're the one who posted the question.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• LOL.. I think they just forget to answer anon.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I HATE the anonymous option. I think that you should have the balls to stand behind what you say and not feel the need to hid
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would guess it is to gauge how people will react to the question.

Or it could be that they didn't give enough info to begin with and have to give more details for a good answer, so they decide to give up their anonymity to get the answers they need.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I never noticed...maybe they get extra points?
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I haven't actually noticed this, but mistakes happen, can unsend once you hit the button.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I just noticed I have earned my anon button back. I rarely use it. I don't ask that many questions. I'm not sure about answering my own question. If I knew the answer, why ask?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I don't pay enough attention to notice I suppose...
    I don't compare every response to the original post...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• jesse, when someone asked a question and then like Luvmyfam6 said, it turned into a debate (for example) and then they reply to someone post, but it's their question that they asked anon and then replied and it shows who they are as they must not have earned the anon option back. I just think it's funny to ask anon and then reply non-anon...whether it's a debate or just responding to a poster that may want more info about the question this person is asking....does that make sense? Anyway, I was just wondering...not necessarily a big deal cahrlotsomtimes, but I am an observant person so I take notice or as you put it pay attention.
    Angeleyez08

Comment by Angeleyez08 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2010