why am i getting nervous?

ive got about 4 months left to go...my emotions are already out of whack but even thinkin about giving birth sends chills up my spine. HELP!

alexsmommy1234

Asked by alexsmommy1234 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think what you are feeling is pretty normal. I remember being anxious, but when the time actually arrived, I was so ready I found I didn't think too much about being nervous.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's normal, especially if you are a first time mom.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• this is my second and i feel the same way. it's a big event in your life. i think it's normal to be nervous. there are so many things that you want to happen but there are so many things that could go wrong. make sure you have a dr or midwife that you trust and can voice your opinion and fears to.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• okay good, i didnt know if it was just because im a teenager or what. but were getting his room together now, and it makes it feel more real, and its scary!
    alexsmommy1234

Comment by alexsmommy1234 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I understand where you're coming from but never experienced much of that anxiety with either of mine. I think what you need to do is learn how to trust birth and trust your body. A book I love is Birthing From Within. It really helped my mental process in getting ready for birth. Your body was made to do this. You are a strong powerful woman and you will be amazing. I won't wish you good luck because you don't need it. You can do it.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• thank you so much...im just nervous, when im reading my books they sometimes talk about scary things and im just nervous lol.
    alexsmommy1234

Comment by alexsmommy1234 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• youll be fine and it is normal to be nervous. take a child birthing class. i would advise it ....it isnt all about breathing. i didnt use the epidural with my two kids and i dont plan on having one with my bun in the oven now. but the classes teach you ways to kinda zone out and find "a happy place" that is the part to always makes me nervous is the actual birth it self. the being prego and then taking care of the kid i can do. but the giving birth part still makes me nervous and i am on # 3. but just remember it only hurts for a little bit and the second the baby is in your arms or u even hear it cry you will forget all about it hurting i promise.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i hope your right..
    alexsmommy1234

Comment by alexsmommy1234 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010