FAFSA

If I want to apply on FAFSA to get a grant to go back to school how can I know if I will get it..? How do I know I'm applying for it and not the student loans which I can't afford...? -Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in

• Fill this out- http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/complete001.htm. On the FASFA form it will ask you what types of aid you would accept- grants, loans, and/or work study. Just don't click on the loans and you won't have to worry about it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• fill out the fafsa online. at the end it should tell you how much you qualify for.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Also, after you fill out the FAFSA, the school you will be attending will contact you, most likely someone from the financial aid office. Let the financial aid rep know that you are only interested in the government's Pell Grant, not a student loan (which has to be repaid).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• On the FAFSA itself it will ask if you are interested in student loans and work study in addition to the grants. Just a little FYI, your grants may not cover 100% of your tuition, you might want to look into student loans. They are guaranteed and low interest, you also do not have to even think about paying them back until you graduate completely from school.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• FAFSA just tells you what you qualify for, but does not actually provide any money. It will let you know if you qualify for grants, or if you only qualify for loans. If you don't want loans, don't take them. You can't accidentally sign a promissory note unless you're really not paying attention, so pay attention to what you sign.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I agree with Pnukey
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2010