one of my friends shoved soap in her kids mouth and i was wondering if its good to do that ?!?

cutieroxy247

Asked by cutieroxy247 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I guess you have to explain a little more. when I was younger and swore I use to get soap in my mouth and it made me think twice!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I ate soap as a kid, worked for me. But you are probably going to get more "NO IT'S WRONG, IT'S CHILD ABUSE" and answers like that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I also had hot sauce on my tounge when I got mouthy, again worked
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• nooo wayy ! i hate when parents do that ,even on the lable it say do not injest ! its dangerous !
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• LOL! I got the soap in the mouth all the time as a kid. I am just fine. It's not the method of choice, but it worked for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I personally wouldn't use soap, but I have used vinegar water (spray bottle) and it worked.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Seems a little aggressive to get improvement~she may have needed to go there to gain some control. she is teaching a way of dealing with stuff~we shouldn't have to out power people to get our way~we are clever adults and we rule their world~(and how she deals with this is maybe how her grandchildren will be dealt with...might be nice to pass down skills).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Horrible punishment!!! I had that done to me when I was little and boy it really was disgusting. I didn't learn anything from it other than I don't like the taste of soap. I think there are other punishments out there that would be an improvement over doing that.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Well I personally wouldn't do it lol. I don't think that really works though as a discipline

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• "I also had hot sauce on my tounge when I got mouthy, again worked "

lol...that is awesome!!! i think i found something for my kids when they get mouthy.....it is food so it is supposed to go in the mouth so no physical harm done.....but i know neither of my kids like spicey food so it will make them think twice about talking back.....not so fond of the soap i have tried it but i felt bad and was afraid it would make them sick so i never did it again. BUT the hot sauce thing is def a keeper!!!
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010