What the hect do I do if I find out my test results say I have STDs? I'm married, have never cheated in my life, and have a child. I'm having a burning sensation and so I looked up what could be the cause....

I don't have a yeast infection, since everything seems to be normal in that department, but I burn and itch and so I'm going to get a PAP done to see what the hect is going on. It seems to get worse around my period, so if anyone has a clue to what is going on and can also tell me what the hect I should do if I do find out it is a sexual disease, because I'm afraid I might just lose it. Our marriage has been rocky for quite awhile but recently it's been going alot better and I wonder if him finding a new woman isn't the reason why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Get into counseling before you get the results. You will need someone to help you deal with it emotionally and then to come up with a plan about how to handle it from a practical standpoint. I hope you don't have an STD.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• First off, some STDs can lie dormant for quite a while. I contracted herpes from a cheating BF before I met my husband, but didn't have any symptoms at all until well into the relationship. I know I didn't get it from my hubby because he tested negative (thank goodness). It might be something you contracted (or hubby contracted and carried) well before you got married, and has started showing symptoms only recently. I sincerely hope you don't have an STD. Good luck!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I agree with mamapotter, I also got Herpes from my X. Go to the gyno they will tell you what
    you have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well first wait & see. I know the wait sucks, but maybe you are just jumping the gun. It could be something normal for us women & you are overly stressing. When you have the pap done ask the doctor then about it & sometimes they can see things while taking the sample. I hope for you that it is nothing. However to be prepared, I don't know what to tell you there. You have a week to think about how to approach it. Try to keep your calm & ask him if he was unfaithful. Tell him that you 2 need to seriously have a talk. I wish you much luck. Keep thinking positive thoughts that its just some kind of woman issue & not an STD.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 9:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It actually still could be yeast. The symptoms are very variable and don't always follow the descriptions. That's how it was with mine.
    texann

Answer by texann at 3:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2008