What is a good size to buy a new baby's clothes, I was thinking 0-3 months??

I dont really know how long he will be but he is pretty long and he has big feet

MsShoate313

Asked by MsShoate313 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never buy newborn clothes... I usually start at 3mos, but my kids are always big. But I see no reason to spend money on 0-3 when they are only in them for 6weeks or so.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I usually buy a bit bigger like 6/9 or 12, because when I had my shower, I had about 1000 0/3 and 3/6m outfits, and he barely wore them all and grew out of them so fast, and it was just nice to have more clothes on hand to grow into, so I like to stock the closet for people since almost everyone gets the small sizes.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• good answer so like 3-6 months if good then
    MsShoate313

Comment by MsShoate313 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Well, it's hard to judge. Most babies are aroun 7-8 pounds at birth in which case 0-3 months may be a little big for 2-3 weeks. Newborn size may be better for the 'take hoime' outfit. SOme babies are born at 10 pounds and 0-3 may be snug depending on the brand.

I learned with my first. He was 7 lbs. 12 oz and his take hom eoutfit was sooo big he was lost in it lol! So with DD I bought newborns and they were still a littl ebig on her at 7 lbs even.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• wow, type much? go me. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I just had a baby last Friday. I have at least 20 newborn outfits - they are the only thing that fit her! She wasn't a "small" baby, she was 7 lbs 12 oz but then lost 1/2 lb in the hospital. The newborn outfits go up to 8 lbs generally. The 0-3 month size swallows her and I want her to look beautiful and be comfortable, even if she is just laying around the house with me and my husband!
    If you are buying for someone else, then 3-6 or 6-9 is more appropriate but for your own . . . I would at least get a few newborns so you have something that fits him in the first few weeks.

Answer by missanc at 12:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• lol
    MsShoate313

Comment by MsShoate313 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It really depends on the baby. My DD who will be 4 months old on friday can still wear most of her newborn outfits. Some of her 0-3 clothes are too big and some arent. However there are some babies who never fit into newborn, so really you wont know until your baby is born

BTW Gerber clothes run smaller than most
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 12:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have the opposite with little babies~fitting their neck and truck and arm length for months in swimming clothes isn't fun. the fall sales will be here soon, but I like having 5 fitting undershirts/onesie, a few fitting bottoms with loose waists, Iike the gowns for changing at night, and I like a few light cotton sweaters or knit tops (we are cold and foggy).

I love knit blankets and my newborns had a blanket wrap to catch spit up or just hold them together~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It depends on the size of your baby I have 5-6 lbs babies so I have to buy the premiee but most babies start with newborn my sister in law was told she was going to have a big baby so she bought a bunch of 0-3 months when her baby was born he weighed 6lbs and all the 0-3 fit him supper big so she had to buy newborn clothing. If I were you I would buy at least a pack of onseis(NB) and a couple of sleepers(NB) you dont need a whole lot of NB clothing since they do grow out of them fast.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 5:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010