One Wish

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden, he said out loud, Lord grant me one wish "Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice the Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish. "The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want. "The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me.

(finished in 1st post)

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 5:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• "The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy.

"The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge?"
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 5:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• lol...my SO would love this. I'll have to admit, our logic is a little backward at times...after Titanic came out I said I wanted to buy it and he said "why the hell would you want to own that, you cried all the way through it at the theater" Ah, the differences between men and women.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• that was good! i'll have to show my bf later---he'll get a kick out of it.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• LOL! I couldn't answer better if I tried!
    IMANGELEYEZ

Answer by IMANGELEYEZ at 9:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks for the laugh! =P
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 11:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I love that joke. Nice one :-)
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• LMAO that's funny
    tiredmomma06

Answer by tiredmomma06 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• hahaha very funny!! i love it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008