Need help. Don't know what to do.

My daughter is 8 months and get sent home from daycare with little light red dots all over her. she hasn't been sleeping well for the past 3 days. The red dots are brightest on her knees and on her lower lip. She just cut her first tooth. Is any of this normal? Please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that sounds kind of like chicken pox, has she been to the doctor yet?

Did she run a fever? It could also be a fever rash.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• she hasn't run a fever at all. Yesterday when I picked her up you could barely see it. I sent her to daycare and they sent her home. And now the dots are more visible now.
    YoungPergoMom

Answer by YoungPergoMom at 12:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• just call her doc and take her in... sounds like chicken pox to me
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• ok thanks
    YoungPergoMom

Answer by YoungPergoMom at 1:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It could be chicken pox, but there are a few other infections and viruses that little ones get with a red bumpy rash. I would take her in to see the doctor.
    MamaNata

Answer by MamaNata at 2:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010