Now that you have kids, what do you find yourself doing now that you never would have done before?

For instance, I have a garden just so I can teach my DD healthy eating habits, etc. and would never before have considered spending 2 seconds outdoors on that type of stuff.

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I excercise and eat healthy... insane right? But I used to eat McFlurries for breakfas and who cared? I'd eat maybe once a day and it didn't matter... I had no-one looking up to me to teach them to live right.
    I clean puke, spit up, poop and other bodily fluids with ease (lol, eeeewwww... moms are gross right?).
    After being pregnant I learned to eat, puke and then go right back to eating after rinsing my mouth out (yes, I'm a goober and it's gross, but I was pregnant and hungry, lol).
    I'm driving a mommy van and super happy about it... something Ialways swore hell would freeze over before I would drive. Lol.
    I work the 9-5 routine with no problems and WANT to.... I used to refuse t work a job if it meant coming in before 2pm.
    I KEEP a job. I used to quit for no good reason at all.
    I talk things out with my bf and work on our relationship where before (without kids) I would have just dumped him on his ass and went on. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I use the saying "because I said so" . I swore I would never use that saying. I hated it as a child. But now I see, sometimes that is the answer.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 12:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Gone more than one day without a shower.....lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I sit through EVERY activity and event that my son has, and love every minute of them!
    Before I had him, sporting events for little kids were like torture for me. : ).
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I was thinking about this the other day as I washed my dd's face with my spit. I swore up and down that I would never do that, I was wrong. Also, "because I am mom" is an excuse I have found myself using a couple of times.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I dont think I would worry so much about spending as much time with family as possable. If I didnt have kids I would be in a different state as my family and starting a career. But since I do have two children, I want them to know they have family to depend on and support them in all they do so we stay close to home. :)
    mommylee21

Answer by mommylee21 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Posting on cafemom.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I stopped smoking ... never thought that was possible.. I also never knew I could feel every emotion to the extreme like I do as a parent / mother
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When I saw this question, all I could think was that I NEVER thought I would have to think "IS that enough baby pee to make me change my pants?" Before kids, pee was pee, and of course you change your flipping pants! Now... there is apparently some complicated algorithm for deciding how much pee (or spit up) is enough to get new jeans. LOL
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010