Childbirthing class?

im wondering if i should register into one. im not sure...im getting more nervous. and im afraid something going to go wrong...?????ideas? why are they so expensive?

alexsmommy1234

Asked by alexsmommy1234 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went to a childbirth education class before my first son was born and was so glad I did! It provided so much information and I was well prepared when I went into labor and knew exactly what to expect. Mine was offered by the local birthing center and I didn't think it was expensive, maybe it depends on the area?

Answer by missanc at 12:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• around here, the one with the hospital im delivering at is 150$ and other ones were 75 with a 30 dollar fee to hold your spot
    alexsmommy1234

Comment by alexsmommy1234 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• A good nurse is your best friend when you're giving birth. I didn't have any classes, I had my sister there (which had 3 children already).. And like I said a GREAT NURSE! As long as your Dr. doesn't foresee any problems you should be fine. Don't think too much, unless you have reason to worry, or you will drive yourself crazy.. You'll be fine, and congrats!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I never took one but I've heard good things about hypnobirthing and the bradley method. I know they offer classes but if you can't afford one I believe you can buy books on them and maybe even an online type of course. If you're nervous at all then I would take a class and read as natural childbirth books as you can. Even if you're not planning a natural birth I find that knowledge about natural childbirth to be the most powerful and calming.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• im having my mom with me, and im not sure if i should have one of my friends with me?
    alexsmommy1234

Comment by alexsmommy1234 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have never taken a birthing class and my labors went fine with my son and daughter. Honestly, the most important thing during labor is relaxation. If you relax and take the pain as it comes, you will do great. Breathing is also very important.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• hmmm... tht is odd they are so expensive....have you checked into the local health department? they have all kinds of free and reduced price services..also the wymca has these things as well.....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 1:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I took a free child birthing class through the hospital I had my son at. If I had to pay for it then I wouldn't have bothered going. For me it helped only a little. Most the stuff they said was the basic stuff I already knew. But I got a tour of the L&D area of my hospital which was actually kinda neat.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010