Need advice?

So, I've been friends with this guy for over 7 months now and last month he started acting like he liked me, calling, coming over, he even kissed me. It went on like for for a few weeks, then he just backed off. Now he's been calling and texting again like he wants to start something up. Some of my friends tell me to take it slow, see where it goes but honestly, if he was into me wouldn't he make more of a effort, would he TELL me how he feels? If I don't answer him he wants to know why I"m mad. I don't want to be pushy, thats one of my biggest fears, but I also don't want to play games either, I just want to say what I feel, but if I do that is he going to run? He's the first guy I've cared this much about since my ex and I split up and I guess I just don't want to get hurt again. Any advice? Thanks mamas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to him, but go into it, not expecting anything out of it, because until he tells you....you don't know and shouldn't assume how he feels about you. Put yourself out there, if he feels the same then great...if not I would just back off all together and downplay the texting and all that. Stay friends!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think your friends are giving you good advice, take it slow if you are truly interested in maybe something long term, but try to have fun at the same time. I think after a few dates you will get the feel for what he's looking for: long term vs. occasional dating. Good luck momma, how exciting!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• first off know that men are weird
    that is ..they do not communicate like women do
    would he TELL me how he feels?...no he is a man, unlikely he is able to
    if he was into me wouldn't he make more of a effort ... he is a man and watches men movies, does not read romance novels, so does not know how to make a grand effort to show a woman he cares, and of course can not use words to let her know
    then he just backed off. Now he's been calling and texting again ... no he is a scared little boy, like most men

so girlfriends right, take slow, but try to flirt with him, see if this starts some of his brain cells
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You shouldn't have to guess or assume if he's into you or not. Ask him what his intentions are with you....you cannot allow him to hold all the cards and then come and go in your life at his own will...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Tell him "John, I don't want to play games." and explain how you feel.
    If he runs then he runs, but you have to open up and be honest with him. You don't want a guy who's going to treat you like a yo-yo. You also don't want a guy who's going to bail at the first sign of feelings. If he is any kind of a good, genuine guy he's going to want to hear what you have to say.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• He may be worried about the exact same things as you. Like, 'What if she isn't into me like I am her?' etc. Just lay it on the line or else you'll never know. I think you have pretty darn good chances though from the sounds of it! :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i say just be honest if you like him tell him you like him,,,,,and ask up front if he has likeable feelings about you or if he only wants to be friends .....and go from there...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2010