sex education in the schools

OK, has anyone's school actually presented them with a lesson plan for this class?
I see all kinds of posts of people up in arms about sex ed in kindergarten.

seems like many are assuming what they will teach. has anyone seen a actual lesson plan for their kids schools? I'd like to hear what the actual plan is-
a link would be great!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in

• I just read the link that was posted in the other post and have absolutely no issue with my daughter, who is entering kindergarten this fall, being a part of it. I think everyone is misinformed and freaking out and making a giant mountain out of a mole hill....thanks again, Faux News for getting everyone to freak out over sensationalized reporting. Calm down, get the facts, make a decision. And when I mean the facts, I mean DIRECTLY FROM THE SCHOOLS, not from the crazy right wing boys who cried wolf.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I answered you under health - with complete links and Curriculum...

But as I said there. I think this is a great thing, Sex ed starts much earlier than Kindergarten in my house because I know it's important. And this "sex ed" really isn't in Kindergarten, they are just teaching the proper names of body parts... Which it upsets me the parents aren't doing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• But we still have to remember to also teach it at home and at school to get the best results!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 2:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/culture/education/4029-montana-school-system-wants-sex-education-for-kindergarten
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree with gramsmom. I would have no issue with my kids being taught some of this in an age appropriate manner. Truth be told, I will probably start talking to them about this before then anyway.
    Sheacat

Answer by Sheacat at 1:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my applause to you ladies!
    I think education is the key- I'm thrilled it's coming back into the schools!
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

Next question in
FAFSA

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
Speech Evaluation-Early Intervention