Just curious ladies, I am 36 wks

Ok so I know the obvious call your doc answer, but I go see her tuesday. I want to see if anyone else has had this happen in there pregnancies and what could it be, ok I am 36 wks with my second child and last night I had a pain in my right side that went from my hip to my ankle and cause numbness the whole way down, I finally got the pain to go away but has this happened to anyone else and what was it? ALSO I have been having episodes where I can be sitting down calm as can be and suddenly start breathing really hard and my heart racing...WTH? I am in my weight range and am NOT high risk so what could this be? I am going to ask the doc aslo i just want to see what you ladies have to say. thank you

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 1:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• could be some anxiety and pinched nerves. You are probably fine but make sure you bring it up with the doc at your appt.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm wondering if the baby was laying a way that it pinched a nerve. All sorts of funny stuff can happen when baby is positioned in different ways. Hope your doc has an answer for ya! congrats btw!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• the breathing thing sounds to me like braxton hicks contractions. bc when i get them, my heart races too an i start to breathe wierdly. an pinched nerve sounds likely too..have u had the same pain before u were prego?
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have all kinds of back issues, most common being 3 bulging disks and Degenerative disk disease but usually the pains start in my back and they didnt this time.
    Quintensmom

Comment by Quintensmom (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Sounds like nerve pains to me. I am only 21 weeks pregnant, but I experience severe pain starting at my right hip, and going all the way down to my foot, and it goes numb.. It is called siatic nerve pain. Not really much can be done about the issue.. The breathing issue sounds to me like false labor to be honest..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• not sure about the breathing and heart racing issue.
    the hip to ankle pain is more than likely the baby sitting on your sciatic nerve. very normal.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2010